A ribbon microphone is a type of Microphone in which the audio is recorded with a thin audio strip of ferromagnetic metal. Invented in 1930 by Professor Harry F. Olson, the phonograph inspired the ribbon microphone’s design.
There are so many Ribbon Microphones in the Market, but some of them are best compared to others. They are growing up in the Market due to their features.
In this blog post, I will discuss the best Ribbon Microphone. These microphones are very popular among their users. You can use them very easily and without any trouble.
Best Ribbon Microphone
Beyerdynamic is one of the most popular companies in making microphones for its quality sound recording device that are very low cost with great design and superb features.
- Unique double ribbon microphone transducer with hypercardioid polar pattern
- Extended frequency response
- Excellent transparency and transient response
- Compact and rugged design
- Warm and natural sound.Microphone Frequency Response:40 - 18,000 Hz
The Beyerdynamic M 160 is the best Ribbon Microphone. It has a unidirectional pattern and can be used as a vocal microphone for music production, broadcasting, etc.
In addition, the prices of Beyerdynamic Microphones are not high, but the quality is very good. So you can use it for a long time without any trouble.
The reason to choose this ribbon microphone is that it has a very accurate sound recording device and has a very low self-noise. In addition, it does not cause any distortion, it is light in weight, and the Microphone pattern is hyper-cardioid.
Check out: Top 5 Best ASMR Microphone
Royer is also one of the most popular companies making top-notch Ribbon Microphones with many advanced features. For example, it has a unidirectional pattern, and it can be used for perfect vocal recordings.Royer R-10 is the best Ribbon Microphone. It has a fixed cardioid pattern, shock mount system with an internal pop filter, and different interchangeable capsules are available for it.
In addition, the R-10 has a very low noise floor, excellent transient response, and very high SPL capabilities. As a result, it provides a bright sound with good clarity for any vocal performance.
Choosing this ribbon microphone is because it has a low self-noise, so you do not have to worry about the background hiss. In addition, it will be a perfect mic for a beginner who will use this for the first time so that he will get a very good experience.
MXL is one of the most popular companies globally that are making various kinds of microphones for its high-quality sound recording device.
- Adds character and dimensions to a variety of sources
- Figure-8 polar pattern and 20Hz-17 kHz frequency response
- Included: Black shock-mount, carrying case, and cleaning cloth
In addition, it has a very low self-noise, so you do not have to worry about any distortion.
The reason to choose this mic is that it does not produce any hiss while working on a project or recording vocals. It is light in weight and perfect for traveling purposes. You can set it anywhere depending upon your need.
SE Electronics is one of the leading companies globally that are making different kinds of microphones for its high sound quality device.
- High-quality ribbon capsule reproduces frequencies from 20 Hz to 18 KHz, noise...
- Advanced ribbon mic technology with long, aluminum ribbon transducer for...
- Figure 8 polar pattern, passive electronics, 300 Ohms impedance, and 3-pin XLR...
- Ideal for acoustic instrument and guitar cab recording with handcrafted and...
- Sturdy and collapsible Microphone Boom Stand for studio or on-the-go recording...
The sE Electronics Voodoo VR1 is a large-diaphragm microphone, and it has a low-frequency roll-off switch that allows you to cut out any rumble or boominess.
It does not produce any hiss, and if you are using it for the first time, you will get a very good experience.
The reason to choose this Ribbon Microphone is that it has a very low self-noise, so you do not have to worry about any hiss or noise while recording vocals or even while working on projects.
Shure is a very popular company in making microphones of high quality. In addition, it has a multi-pattern, and it is more affordable than other top Ribbon Microphones.
- Bi-directional polar pattern delivers Premier audio with superior off-axis...
- True dual-voice tuned specifically for user’s for choice of response: warm and...
- Revolutionary roswellite proprietary ribbon material replaces traditional foil...
- Custom-sourced components for superior presence, minimized signal loss, and...
- 146 dB SPL across 30 -15, 000 Hz frequency response ideal for capturing fast...
The Shure KSM313/NE is the best Ribbon Microphone, which can be used for vocals or stringed instruments on-stage performances. It has a cardioid pattern with a bass roll-off switch, and it can be used as a vocal microphone for music production, broadcasting, etc.
In addition, the Shure provides a crisp and clear sound with good clarity and high SPL capabilities and has an excellent transient response and very low self-noise.
The reason to choose this mic is that it does not produce any noise while working on a project or recording vocals.
A detailed description of the five best ribbon microphones for clear and good-sounding audio. There is a wide variety of mics listed here, and I have provided you with my best experience to understand their differences.
For those still confused, I recommend the Beyerdynamic M 160 Microphone, the best Microphone for ribbon in terms of design, quality, and price.
I hope that after a detailed discussion, you can choose the best mic for you.
Until then, check out some of my other articles as well:
Top 5 Best Microphone For DJ
Top 5 Best Vocal Microphones Under $500
Top 5 Best Condenser Microphones For Vocals
Top 5 Best GoPro Microphone
Top 5 Best Microphones for Acoustic Guitars