Are you looking for the best recording microphone for music? Music, especially singing, requires a very particular quality from its microphones to bring out the talent’s voice and give it that distinct sound.
Too many mics are available in the market, but not every Microphone is suitable for music. Here are our top picks for the best recording microphones for highly versatile music, easy to use, and deliver top-quality results.
This article is aimed at helping you to choose the Best Recording Microphone For Music.
5 Best Recording Microphone For Music
|Very low self-noise, Sharper sound output, Perfect sound capturing, Mid-range clarity, Flat and Wide frequency response range, Natural sounding.||Check On Amazon|
|Classical and impressive look, Durable metal build, Switchable low cut and 10dB pad, Low self-noise, High SPL handling.||Check On Amazon|
|Supremely versatile, use as a standalone microphone with a mixer or as a USB microphone, pro-quality recording resolution, very low noise.||Check On Amazon|
|This condenser mic comes with a built-in bass-cut filter. Incredible value for the price. It is very versatile for recording and performing in any shows.||Check On Amazon|
|Frequency response tailored for vocals. Brightened midrange bass roll-off for controlling proximity effect. Effective Pop Filter for spherical wind. Frequency response between 50Hz – 15kHz. Pneumatic shock-mount for removing handling noise.||Check On Amazon|
A Rode NT1A is an extremely popular condenser microphone because of its unique sound quality and very low noise level.
- Large-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Mic with Shockmount
- Pop Shield
- Dust Cover
- XLR Cable
The design of the Rode NT1-A Microphone is much of a classical design with still stainless construction to make it more durable. But, unfortunately, the Microphone isn’t very portable.
Rode NT1-A is the Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone which has a cardioid polar pattern. However, it does have XLR connectivity which is quite easy to use. Rode NT1-A, with its cardioid polar pattern, wide dynamic range, clear sound, and details, makes it a versatile condenser microphone.
Rode NT1A microphone does have a frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz with an impedance of 100 ohms. It has a max SPL of 137dB, which is quite reliable for high source pressure sounds. It has a very low self-noise of 5 dB.
The Microphone is very shaper at certain tones and has almost no background noise at all. That makes it the perfect combination for singing, vocals, or any studio work that needs details. In addition, the Microphone is versatile enough to work in any way you want, be it vocals or instrumentals.
Features of Rode NT1-A Microphone
- Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Cardioid polar pattern
- XLR connectivity
- Very low self-noise
- Wide dynamic range
- Internal capsule shock mounting
Audio-Technica AT2035 is one of the most popular microphones for podcasting, streaming, etc., due to its high handling of SPL and wide dynamic range with natural-sounding results.
AT2035’s design is appealing since it is an all-metal microphone with a modern look. The microphone suites well with any microphone setup.
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear,...
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Pop Filter to eliminate the annoying "plosives" from your recordings
- 10ft. XLR Cable to connect the mic to your mixer or interface
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Audio-Technica AT2035 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern. It has the XLR output connectivity, which is available with an anti-vibration microphone holder and bass filer.
AT2035 Microphone has a frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz and a maximum SPL of 148 dB. Therefore, the Microphone can handle high-pressure sources such as drums, acoustics, etc.
It has a signal-to-noise ratio of 12dB. The Microphone comes with a low cut and 10dB pad switch. You get the shock mount with the Microphone to reduce the self-noise. It does have the switchable 80 Hertz high pass.
Many people compare this Microphone with a few other premium microphones because of its natural sound. However, it is also one of the best budget-friendly condenser microphones for instrumentals.
Features of Audio-Techni Microphone
- Best for live performance, streaming, etc.
- Cardioid polar pattern
- High SPL handling
- Wide dynamic range
- Shock mount for sound isolation
- Switchable 80 Hertz high pass
- Switchable 10dB pad
The best thing about this Microphone is its multi-step mute button, which lets you see if your Microphone is on or off easily.
- Transform your creative space into a professional studio
- Capture the highest resolution sound for your creative projects with Yeti Pro
- Produce professional projects in seconds with templates crafted by...
- Record and sweeten your vocals and instruments with software from PreSonus and...
- English (Publication Language)
The Blue Yeti Microphone is another best microphone that is capable of recording high-quality sound. This ASMR microphone has multiple pattern selection, gain control, and mute button for giving you an easier time while recording your desired sound.
The pattern selection of Blue Yeti is capable of delivering excellent sound in 4 different modes.
It is capable of recording sound in stereo and surroundings. This Microphone provides you with the best quality audio in terms of breadth and depth.
Features of Blue Yeti Microphone
- Power required/consumption: 5V 150mA
- Sample rate: 48kHz
- Bit rate: 24bit
- Capsules: 2 Blue-proprietary 14mm condenser capsules
- Polar patterns: Cardioid, omnidirectional
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: 4.5mV/Pa (1kHz)
- Max SPL: 120dB (THD: 0.5% 1kHz)
- Dimensions (mic with stand): L: 4.9” (10.9cm), W: 3.78” (9.6cm), H: 8.31” (21.1cm)
- Weight: 1.39lbs (0.63kg)
- Impedance: >16 ohms
- Power Output (RMS) 58mWrms per channel (R Load = 16ohms)
- THD: 0.009%
- Frequency Response: 15Hz-22kHz
- Signal to Noise: 100dB
- System requirements: Windows 10 or higher, macOS 10.13 or higher, USB 1.1, 2.0, 3.0
The AKG P220 is also a great model by AKG that has been familiar with the studio use for a long time. However, it comes at an excellent price for the versatile features that it offers. It fits very well to capture the vocals and recording instruments such as acoustic guitars with clear natural sounds.
- Audio Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Package Dimensions: 24.6 H x 13.2 L x 23.0 W (centimetres)
- Package Weight: 1.859 kilograms
- Country of Origin : United States
Having a comprehensive frequency response and high sensitivity, it works very well in catching quality audio. I found its recording to be very precise and clear while recording acoustic guitar, while the mic still works very well with other instruments.
It delivers a warm, clean, and clear recording for any sound, which works especially great for vocals addition; it can be used to record acoustic guitars and amps with good clarity and equal fortitude. The P220 records good sound and delivers excellent performance when the user needs a low-budget microphone.
Features of AKG p220 Microphone
- Serviceable cardioid polar pattern
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL: 155dB
- Bass roll-off: 300Hz
- Pad: 20dB
- Requires +48V phantom power
The Shure SM58 Handheld Dynamic Vocal Microphone with Cable has a world standard tailored vocal response for the sounds. The Microphone comes with a shock mount system over a rugged body construction. At the top of the mic, there is a mesh grill made of steel and chrome shine to give a fantastic look and feel.
- EXEPTIONAL VOCAL PERFORMANCE - The SM58-LC delivers high-quality vocal...
- INDUSTRY STANDARD - The first choice for performers around the globe, the SM58...
- CLARITY & CARE - The uniform cardioid polar pattern reproduces every note as it...
- LEAVE BACKGROUND NOISE BEHIND - The SM58 has a spherical mesh grille and...
- DROP THE MIC - The durable construction and break-resistant stand adapter makes...
This Shure SM58LC mic is used anywhere due to its versatility to record indoor and outdoors for any speech or singing to record quality vocals.
The popularity of this mic is due to its clarity of sound and reasonable adjustment to provide quality streaming content and an excellent use for podcasting. In addition, this diversifies the mic to be usable in several conditions.
Shure SM58 is the dynamic vocal Microphone made for those just starting in the studio recordings or vocals. It is one of the most recommended Shure microphones.
Shure SM58 does have a frequency response of 50Hz to 20kHz, which is ideal as this is the dynamic Microphone with the cardioid polar pattern. In addition, the noise cancellation of the Microphone is impressive when you record vocals in the studio.
Features of Shure SM58LC Microphone
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass, roll-off
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise.
- The pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Which MIC is best for recording songs?
Best Microphones for Recording Vocals: under $700
Shure SM58. For a long time now, the Shure SM58 has held the crown of “Most Popular Vocal Mic in the World“. …
Rode NT1A. …
Shure SM7B. …
Sennheiser MD421. …
Rode NTK. …
What microphones do musicians use?
Here is a list of microphones used by Famous Pop singers:
SHURE BETA 54.
Sennheiser SKM 5200 mics.
Telefunken ELA M 251.
Sennheiser SKM 9000.
Audio Technica AT2020 cardioid condenser microphone.
Audio Technica AEW-T4100 microphone.
What type of microphone is best for vocals?
cardioid dynamic microphone
In my experience, and most musicians and sound engineers’ experience, the best microphone type for live vocals is a cardioid dynamic microphone. It’s preferred if this microphone also has a boost in the presence range of its frequency response as well as a low and high-end roll-off.
The best recording microphone is needed for studio recordings and is an excellent choice to capture the nature of sounds or vocals for streaming purposes.
There are many different types of best recording microphones for music that are ideal, depending on your preference. However, the above microphones are the best options with dedicated features and sound quality to record music.
Until then check out some of my other articles too:
Best Microphone For Youtube