Are you looking for recording audio on iPhone? This is one of the biggest questions asked by iPhone users. But, of course, this is not a big deal if you know how to do it. Today we will tell you the answer to this question in detail.
There are too many ways, but the best one is using some third-party apps for this task. For example, you can use an iPhone to record an audio recorder for your iPhone device. This blog post will discuss some of the best ways to record audio for the iPhone. These are the top 6 apps for recording audio on your iPhone.
Voice Memos app
The Voice Memos app is one of the best apps to record audio on your iPhone. This is available on iOS devices. You can install this application on your iPhone or iPad for recording voice notes quickly by voice memos.
After you record a voice memos, it’s easy to edit. You can delete or replace parts of the recording.
Voice Memos app is a quick and straightforward stereo sound recording application for your devices. You can also share the recorded voice note to others through Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo or other social networks.
How To Use a Voice Memos
- Open the Voice Memos app or ask Siri to open it.
- To record, tap or stop, tap on your iPad or Mac, tap or click.
- When you tap, your voice memos is saved automatically with your current location as the title.
- On your iPad or Mac, click Pause Button when you are finished recording. (When finished, tap the red record button again to end the recording.)
You can listen to your voice memos on every device signed in with the same Apple ID and iCloud. First, make sure that it’s turned on in the iCloud settings for each device. After you record a voice memos, you can edit recording.
It can also record in a variety of file formats. This is one of the people most favorite recording app, because of their basic voice recording. Choose Message, Emails, Slack, or Google Drive as the method for sharing your memo. That’s all.
Rev Voice Recorder App
The Rev Voice Recorder app will keep all your recordings in one place. This way, it is easy to find the recording you want when sending it for transcription.
You can watch your transcripts on the app. Also, you can download it from the App Store without leaving your workflow.
Rev voice recorder & Audio Editor app is a great voice recording application for iPhone users. You can use this app to record audio on any iPhone device without facing any problem.
How To Use a Rev Voice Recorder
Before you start recording, go to Apple’s App Store and download the Rev voice recorder & Audio Editor app.
- Launch the app and tap the “Record” button to start the recording.
- Record your audio, and Whenever you want to stop the recording, tap the “Pause” button.
- Click “Preview” to replay the recorded sound edit interface to fast forward, rewind, and play the audio whenever you want.
- Click “Download” to get your audio file or delete to remove the file if you didn’t like the first audio.
Rec voice recorder & Audio Editor is also available online so, you can use this app to record audio on your iPhone easily. The best thing about this app is that it will not require any in-app purchases and will offer a free service for Apple users.
How To Record Audio On IPhone
For recording any audio with a clear and crispy voice, you need to use an external microphone for recording. An external microphone will allow you to record clear and crisp audio at any place without using the facility of any app on your iPhone.
External microphones offer a professional quality sound when compared to other built-in iPhone mics.
Using the Best quality mic results in the best audio quality for iPhone recording. So, the external microphones for iPhone would be your best option to record clear and crisp audio recorder on any iOS device. Here are a few top-rated microphones available in the market which you can use to get a professional and high-quality sound:
Best Mic For Iphone
The Rode VideoMic Me-L is our top choice, offering a robust build, great quality audio and ease of use, all at a very reasonable price. It plugs straight into your iPhone via the Lightning connector, and also comes with a 3.5mm headphone port, so you can monitor your sound as you record it.
- iOS Cardioid Condenser Microphone with 20Hz-20kHz Pickup
- Mounting Clip
- Lightning Pt
- Wind Shield
You also get a clip to keep the mic secured to your phone, and a windshield for adverse weather conditions.
A PoP Voice Lavalier Microphone is very affordable way to up the quality of your iPhone audio recording. This nifty little clip-on mic gives you a clear, clean sound, and its cable is nice and long at 12.87 feet (4m).
- Upgraded version smartphone lavalier microphone with the super long cable: 12.87...
- Extra-long cord: The iphone microphone cord is 155in !!! Perfect in every...
- By the Original Phone Adapter that comes with your iphone, external iphone...
- Lav recording microphone comes with a pc adaptor. With the 4 Pin to 3 Pin...
- 100% original pakage,100% factory inspection: while customers enjoy the...
That’s about all we can say about the PoP Voice Lavalier Microphone: this is not a particularly complex or sophisticated device. But at this low price, the fact that it does the job well will be enough for many.
Comica CVM-VM10-K2 is a great choice for new starters in the world of vlogging, the Comica CVM-VM10-K3 is very affordable indeed. For not much money at all, you’ll get a shotgun mic, a phone clamp, an ergonomic one-hand handle, a wireless one-touch Bluetooth controller, a foam windscreen for indoor use, a furry windscreen for outdoor use, a carrying case, and a 3.5mm TRRS to TRS cable.
- ALL-IN-ONE SMARTPHONE VIDEO KIT: Compact, versatile, and easy to set up. With...
- UNIVERSAL SMARTPHONE VLOGGING KIT: Equipped with a professional video camera...
- UPDATE YOUR AUDIO: High-quality cardioid microphone allows for crisp audio while...
- MICROPHONE KIT FOR SMARTPHONE: This microphone kit supports all smartphones come...
- WHAT YOU GET: 1x Microphone,1x Flexible Smartphone Clamp,1x Tripod,1x TRS-TRRS...
Despite the low price, it all works pretty well in practice, with good quality, directional audio with minimal interference. Again, though, there’s no Lightning connector. So if you want to use this with an iPhone 7 and above, you’ll need to separately purchase a 3.5mm-Lightning dongle.
These are the best microphones and excellent choices to capture sounds or vocals for iPhone. There are also different types of best recording microphones for iPhone that are ideal, depending on your preference.
However, the above microphones are the best options with dedicated features and sound quality to record music. Until then check out some of my other articles too:
5 Best Recording Microphone For Music
Best Microphone For Youtube In
Top 5 Best Wireless Lavalier Microphone
Top 5 Best Ribbon Microphone
Top 5 Best Kids Microphone