If you thought that the price tag of the mic is what decides it’s sound-producing quality, then indeed, you’ve got a lot to catch up with.
If Shortly Summing it up, there are a number of pocket-friendly microphones out there., that deliver the best quality sound and are best selling microphones in the world.
As a beginner, if this one question might have been the primary concern, What is the best Vocal Microphone that you can get? Which is Affordable as well as functional!
Well, If Yes, we have got you covered.
Being a vocalist, whether it’s for speech or singing, You Must have a steady and quality Microphone. Moreover, spending thousands for a microphone, in the beginning, is ridiculous.
Here is the list of best microphone for the vocal. If you want, you can know about each mic in detail below. I have already provided all the details you want about the mics.
|Check On Amazon
|Check On Amazon
|Check On Amazon
Best For Vocals
|Check On Amazon
Sennheiser MD 421 II
|Check On Amazon
Things to consider being a vocalist
Why do you need a Vocal Mic?
You’ve got a unique voice, having a steady and Good Quality microphone is the only aid you are looking for that is going to enhance your gifted voice to the heights that you could have never imagined.
Besides investing in a good microphone is a wise decision to make, and that’s why we have taken the liberty to list out the best quality microphones under $500.
Why Under $500?
Initially, having a quality microphone is a matter of concern! And spending a massive amount of money on a gadget can burn a hole in your pocket. And you can use the rest of the funds elsewhere, which is equally important. And raising a $500 is comparably easy. And Most Importantly, Quality is not compromised at all in our presented list.
So whether you are just starting, or upgrading your microphone setup to a more sophisticated professional one, you have landed yourself on the right page.
Why is $500?
Again $500 is not a hefty amount nor a small amount. So you can expect the best quality in a decided budget as well as not compromise thinking about money.
What to look for?
Search for a Microphone can be a real struggle! You have to go through an awful lot of concerns. There are various types of microphones, such as a condenser microphone, dynamic microphones, a Ribbon Microphone.
So here’s a little pointer of what you should look for while selecting a Microphone:
Type of Microphones
Features to look for?
- Frequency Response (human audible frequency is 20Hz to 20KHz)
- Polar Pattern (Preferably Cardioid; A Cardioid which picks up sound from all directions and A Hypercardioid which picks up the sound of only one course which is sound in front of it.)
- Diaphragm size: Small or Large.
For now, this much is enough to be considered, but by the end of this article, you will be inevitably ending up with your preference of microphone, which will be of a Best Quality and Even better sound output.
(P.S. Be very clear about the use of the microphone, whether it’s for performance, normal recordings, instrumental recordings, gaming recordings, speeches, singing, or all of the above.)
Here I Present You A List Of
What are the best vocal microphones under $500?
AT stands for Audio Technica, AT is a Leading Manufacturer of Microphones across the Globe since 1962. Therefore they are the trustworthy ones regardless of which generation they’re serving.
Their Versatility of products is remarkable.
- PROVIDES SMOOTH, NATURAL AUDIO - The Audio Technica AT4040 Microphone has a...
- OFFERS IMPROVED NOISE ISOLATION - The cardioid polar pattern of the AT4040...
- HANDLES HIGH SOUND PRESSURE LEVELS WITH EASE - AT4040 can handle up to 145dB...
- RECORD EASILY WITH U-PHORIA - The UM2 lets you record your vocal performance as...
- INCLUDES - Audio Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone; Shock Mount for...
Now about this particular product, Audio-Technica AT4040
AT4040 is a Cardioid Condenser Microphone; it delivers a Peculiar Detail and excellent vocal output.
And this is #1 on the list because of its ability to deal with high pressure sounds with such ease!
More of QUALITY FEATURES of This Vocal Microphone Include:
- It has a Large-diaphragm which enables smooth and natural sound.
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility.
- Switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and 10 dB pad, which results in unmatched sound output.
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving the isolation of the desired sound source, and that is precisely what you need.
- Polaroid Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response : 20-20,000 Hz
Because of its larger diaphragm, the sound quality of this microphone is exceptional. Be it a professional record or home use, and it is compatible while both!
This Microphone has almost all positive reviews from its users, which means that you can record Voice Of Your Fantasy without worrying about the quality!
This microphone Includes custom shock mount & protective pouch when you buy it.
Under $500 this is the best microphone you can get.
AKG is A Premium Microphone Manufacturer Line, in business since 1955. Started with just 5 workers it has now emerged as one of the Elite Microphone Manufacturers.
- Sonic Character Of The C414 Xlii For Beautifully Detailed Recording Of Lead...
- Outstanding Dynamic Range And Ultralow Noise For Close-Up Recording Of...
- Switchable 20Db Attenuator And Bass-Cut Filter For Close-Up Recording And...
- Integrated Suspension To Reduce Mechanical Noise And Vibration From Stage
AKG C214 is yet another Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone. Moreover, this C214 is specifically redesigned after AKG C414 at an affordable price. Keeping up with better features and giving the best output.
Most of the reviews state that this is the best Microphone under $500, affordable and functionally best. This Microphone is Ideal for both Studio Recordings, Speech, Podcasts.
Some More Features Of This Microphone include:
- Large-diaphragm condenser., which implies Max Noise Reduction.
- Requires +12V to +52V Phantom Power.
The package includes a Shockmount and a Metal Carrying Case.
More technical specifications are:
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000Hz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Dimensions: 160 x 55 mm (6.3 x 2.2 in.)
Furthermore, the sound quality of this microphone is claimed to be closest to that of AKG C414, which happens to be one of the best high-end professional microphones out there. One of the main motives behind inventing AKG C214 was to make a cost-effective Microphone alternative for the broadcasting favorite AKG C414. So that while being Affordable, one should not miss out on a quality product.
If you are in search of a Microphone for your singing, recording your electric guitars, acoustic melodies, your sweet melody, any music, or recording. Your search ends here.
From a variety of Podcasts to various singing recorders, this Blue Microphones Bluebird SL is an absolute crowd-pleaser. With regards to design as well as the quality, it doesn’t compromise on either of those.
This Microphone manufacturer Blue Microphones has never failed. Its customers while being the best Microphone manufacturers as well as delivering an astounding Sound Quality.
- Custom Blue Condenser Capsule - Delivers Blue’s legendary broadcast sound...
- Modern, Crystal-Clear Sound - Pristine, highly versatile sound that makes every...
- XLR Connection – Perfect for computer audio interfaces and mixers
- High-Pass Filter - Increases clarity, reducing rumble from your room or desk
- -20dB Pad - Keeps your stream free of distortion when things get intense
Also, This condenser Microphone, Bluebird SL with a high pass filter and 20dB pad. This microphone is designed to capture the very minute detail of your instrumentals and the beautiful melody of your music. Bluebird SL is termed to be the “BEST SELLING” microphone throughout the blue microphone series.
Some Features of this Microphone include:
- Microphone Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 28.5 mV/Pa at 1 kHz
- Dimensions: 222.5mm x 47.5mm
Speaking of Sound Quality With immense sensitivity and a sharp cutting edge of noise reduction, the sound quality of Bluebird SL is astounding. And with its high pass filter, this microphone delivers THE clearest SOUND OUTPUT you could ever imagine. Extended upper clarity with smooth mid frequencies for any voice or instrument
Further Speaking Blue’s Bluebird SL Microphone is specifically designed to enhance the quality of your sweet musical sound as well as your skillful instrumental sound. It delivers the best output with regards to best singing microphones, at a beginner’s level as well as on the professional level. These microphones were specifically built for making a singer’s life easy,hassle-free, and smoother than ever say the reviews.
Since 1975, Shure is Manufactures the microphones that Submerge you into the music recorded and forget the rest of the world. So whether you are a musician or a sound producer or a podcaster, this can be the perfect pick for your microphone set up.
This cult-favorite brand first gained global popularity in 1973, then known as SM7, after noticing the quality of Michael Jackson’s album music. And after that, there was no looking back.
- ONE MICROPHONE FOR EVERYTHING - Studio Recording, Home Recording, Podcasting &...
- STUDIO VOCAL RECORDING - The SM7B’s Dynamic Cartridge With Smooth, Flat,...
- PODCAST & BROADCAST - Found In The Top Podcasting Studios Around The World, The...
- STREAMING CONTENT - Professional Live Streaming Starts With A Microphone Capable...
- PROFESSIONAL XLR CONNECTION - The XLR Connection Along With An Audio Interface...
Why consider this Microphone?
- Shure SM7B is designed to put out the best sound and speech reproduction as it promises.
- Various specifications designed with utmost sensitivity to give out the best sound production you can find.
- Immensely sensitive Pop filter that filters out the unnecessary breath sounds and gives a close, precise result of vocals as well as speeches.
- Extensive Frequency Response that reveals the best sound production that is natural and real.
More Specifications of this microphone include:
- Microphone Type: Dynamic.
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz.
- Connector: XLR.
- Weight: 1.69 lbs.
- Rugged Construction.
It is delivered with Accessories like Windscreen, which is compatible so you don’t have to go searching for separate ones.
This microphone purely built for vocals. That is why this one doesn’t excel that much with other use.
This Microphone Shure SMB7 is perfect for your singing, speech, instrumentals, and even for your little practice. It is great to have such a Best Quality Microphone around the price range of $500 and deliver a Professional Quality Sound Output.
Started in 1945, this company made better microphones every succeeding decade and created a Microphone history. And since then Keeping up with technology advancements, Sennheiser has made tremendous progress in microphone manufacturing to date. It delivers nothing but perfection for your recordings. Whether it’s a musical or a speech, you can rely on this product with your eyes shut when it’s about the quality.
- Rugged professional microphone with clear sound reproduction, excellent for most...
- Large diaphragm, dynamic element handles high sound pressure levels, making it a...
- Five-position bass roll-off switch make it an excellent choice for most...
- Effective feedback rejection
- Easy handling due to pronounced directivity
For more than 30 years Sennheiser MD 421 II has been the best microphone in the game, MD 421 II is the continuation of that microphone with even better improvements. Sennheiser designed to look out for an all-around Sound production quality with its “Five-position Bass Control.” Which is a rare manufacturing phenomenon as compared to other microphones? Thus providing even better, clearer, and natural sound production. Also, a better choice if your first preference is group recordings, which means this is the perfect and best Microphone for your band recordings, drum session recordings, guitar recordings, as well as discussion recordings. You name it. It has many full applications, from solo recordings to group recordings. Therefore it is globally sold as “Most Versatile Microphone.”
More Specifications include:
- Clearest Sound Production
- Five Position Bass control
- Lowest Noise Pickup
Even More Tech Specs
- Microphone Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response : 30Hz – 17kHz
- Dimensions 215 x 46 x 49 mm
The sound Quality Produced using this Microphone is surreal; moreover, this is a decade old trusted the best microphone.
If you’re looking for A Microphone with the best noise reduction and compatible with group recordings as well as individual recordings, this is the one. And for $479 it gives you the best sound reproduction you can expect.
Selecting the best Microphone out of these five is now more straightforward than you thought. In addition to that, having control over your vocals is equally essential as having a good microphone. This means you have to master all the vocal techniques and be the best artist with amazing vocals as well as Best Equipment.
Tips before buying a microphone
- Warm-up before Starting your recording
- List out some breathing exercises that work for you, practice them consistently
- For high notes; breathe from your diaphragm
- Have your vowels and consonant sound Distinguished.
- Test out and be familiar with what voice belting works for you.
- Practice and get your Riffs & Runs on point. (Like you are a reincarnation of Whitney Houston!).
- First work on your pitch, Get familiar with how you hit your high notes and low notes and then work on enhancing them.
What type of microphone is best for vocals?
What is the best cheap microphone for recording vocals?
What is the best Shure microphone for vocals?
So, Wrapping up this Article pretty much sums up everything you need to take into consideration before buying the microphone set, as well as the vocal techniques you can master before getting a microphone. This article will help you choose a better microphone And get your vocals improvised better than ever, and I think it is a “win-win” situation you were looking for all along.
If you are not satisfied with this list and want more options, then I have already written content on Best Microphone For Vocals, where I have listed ten best microphones for singing and vocals. You can check them out.
If there’s something you have to say, do let me know in the comment section or contact me using the contact us page. Thank you very much for staying till the end.
Do let us know if it was helpful and check out our other articles about microphones. Suggest me some more things that I can bring for you, and I would love to know and help you.
MXL 990 Vs. MXL 770 Microphone Comparison
Sennheiser IE 300 Review: Features, Pros, and Cons
Shure SG800 Microphone Review
Rode PSA1 Microphone Boom Arm Review
Top 10 Best Boundary Microphone In [currentyear]
Fifine K669B USB Microphone Review: Features, Pros, & Cons